Noetic Sciences - Shamanistic Studies - Quantum Mechanics
Gothic Photography & Art
" Of all things betwixt Heaven and Hell that you meet, I have found the most dangerous to be ourselves."
If you are first getting into this, it is REALLY a good idea to hook up with the nearest club for education and safety. That and you can meet a lot of very nice and talented people. However, members and leadership do shift occasionally, and enforcement of professional conduct is hard to guarantee on any given day. If you are looking for advice or assistance from any group, try to research, get second opinions and employ good judgment. Not everyone who calls themselves a hunter or a psychic really is. Again, use The Force, Luke.
Here are some guidelines for Spiritual Safety. I'm not saying you have to follow all of these, nor am I saying that you will never have problems if you do take my advice. Use your own judgment and comfort level, but in the end do what works for YOU.
1) Don't go alone.
2) Say a prayer for protection and guidance before you begin or enter the structure/area. If prayer is not your thing, (which is true for a lot of spiritual or non-Christian followers) then meditate or visualize on something positive. An investigator pal of mine envisions himself bathed in white light. If in a large group of disparate beliefs, (more common than not) I suggest a moment of silence held while everyone focuses on their respective deity/belief system. This also creates a threshold which divides the investigation from other concerns and unifies your group mindset.
3) Leave negative energy at home. Or better yet, don't allow it into your life. Know your own intent and your present mental condition. If you feel really "off" that day, perhaps you should decline being on the investigation.
4) Before you leave, say another prayer and/or ask out loud that nothing follows you home. Again, this is best done in a group.
5) There is some controversy over this, but many advise staying away from sťances and Ouija boards. I am not easily frightened, but I will have nothing to do with them myself. Again, research shows they are at best slow and unreliable. At worst, they could be very dangerous. It is one thing to observe and bear witness, quite another to call something to you. If you do call something, how can that be an objective investigation if it has nothing to do with the site you are researching?
6) Do your homework and learn to recognize when you may be dealing with something unfriendly and potentially harmful. Stay educated and alert. This includes living beings as well such as negative, manipulative people. Keep away from them, don't exchange personal possessions, avoid eye contact, etc.
7) Listen to your gut feelings; use The Force.
8) When you get home, take a shower to wash off any unwanted energy or possible spirit attachments. I'm serious. At the least, you will feel/smell better and it's free. Please note that I am not saying this will "wash those ghosts right out of your hair" as spirit attachments are different and at this time they are not proven to exist.
I get more crap about this particular measure for some reason than anything else listed here; so I will reiterate and tell you to CHILL OUT, PEOPLE. All I am suggesting is that you clean your body with running water. I have no vested interest in asking you to do this other than your well being. ( I don't make money off of it) I always feel refreshed afterwards and it costs nothing.
9) Develop sanctuaries in your life; do the things you know you should for your body. Eat right, exercise, and get some sleep. Many turn to candles, incense, aromatherapy and other "New Age" ideas (an ironic term for truths that are actually quite old). Find what works for you, but be wary of those trying to sell you something that you don't really need. Laughter is also a wonderful cure for many ailments.
10) I strongly getting a copy of Psychic Protection by Ted Andrews as described in my Books To Read section. If that is not your sort of thing, then read your Bible, or better yet do both. There is much to be said for the Holy Writings other than just being an interesting historical account. In particular, the fruitages of the spirit described in Galatians is a fine guideline for walking on the light side of the Force.
"But the fruitages of the Spirit are love, joy, peace,
longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Galatians 5:22, 23